Having a little fun this morning, thinking about all the stuff that makes us love and hate Face Book. Here’s some Do’s and Don’ts I thought about:
DO post up your need for prayer when you are sick or hurting, remembering of course that we don’t necessarily need ALL the gory details.
Private Message me if you really need to vent or cry, or share some kind of awful news. I’ll be there for you, and it doesn’t need to go on the Wall.
DO post up lots and lots of pictures of your babies, grand-babies, cute animals and pretty flowers, sunsets, your vacations, happy life events, even your favorite new recipes! Show me your happiness, your encouraging words, your praises for the blessings in your life. Share with me all of those “God is good, all the time” moments in your life.
Now, however, here’s my Top 10 Reasons for Banishing Facebook Friends to my Restricted or Blocked Lists
- Bash God, or our Military Service Members, Police Officers, Firefighters and other assorted heroes. Fortunately, I haven’t had to lose many friends over this issue, but you betcha I will block you in an instant if you denigrate those who serve and protect.
- Nasty Cussing. Just don’t.
- Posting ugly family fights and drama. Especially about your spouse. Life is too short for such hatred and nobody wants to see your dirty laundry hanging out on the line. This goes for ugly church fights, neighborhood drama, and friendship break-ups, too.
- FB Stalkers – you know, they never post or respond, but when you see them in person they will tell you exactly what they think about everything you or any of your children have ever posted in the past year.
- Too many posts selling stuff. Let me see your special of the week. Even once a day might be okay, ’cause I’ll just scroll past if I’m not feeling it. But more than that will get your business restricted for certain.
- Radical Agendas. I have friends from all over the world and most walks of life. I enjoy lively, friendly debates on political views and news events in general. I am even tolerant to varying degrees of religious beliefs. I don’t need to know about your sexual preferences. Don’t over push the really radical stuff just to get people riled up. Remember that Sin is Sin in God’s eyes, and we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. IMHO, the sanctity of marriage has already been destroyed by heterosexuals and people of faith and the radical LBGT community needs to quit being the same jerks they accused everyone else of being just a few years ago. If someone posts something on my wall that is totally-in-your-face against all my own personal and strongly held beliefs, I will simply mark it “I don’t want to see this” the first time, but if it happens a few more times, I will restrict them.
- Really old stuff that is just making the rounds again. Internet hoaxes. Lost children, for example. Just take two minutes to do a quick search on them to see if they really are still missing before you share a 3 year old post on a kid that ran away for two hours. Or that some soda company left the words “in God we Trust” off their patriotic cans, or that some celebrity died that really didn’t die. Search Engines, use them!
- Selfies by the dozens. Selfies of your bare feet. Selfies of your half-eaten meals. Selfies up your nostrils. Selfies of your tattooed belly button, boobs or other body parts. Selfies are over-rated, IMHO. Not too many people can even pull off a really good Selfie.
- Anything really grotesquely horrible. If it’s gonna make people want to throw up, please don’t be posting it on my wall!
- Don’t gripe to me about me. If you don’t like what I post, feel free to block or restrict me. That door always swings both ways.
Morning. Rant. Over. Now, let’s see some of those cute grand-babies!